Wednesday, September 5, 2012

In which the music of Georges Bizet does not prove conducive to getting to bed early


I think I've found my theme song.

I discovered it the other night, stayed up till 1:00 auditorially ogling it, and have been in love ever since.


It's going to be part of my French set for senior recital next semester.




Just look at the translated lyrics:


One day in the Springtime
as they walked in the valley,
Joseph sang a song
 to express his desire:
Shepherdess, oh shepherdess, 
 Oh tra la la (bis)
Shepherdess, oh shepherdess, 
Oh tra la la (bis)
Please allow, grant me this, may I now steal a kiss?
Oh fair shepherdess, won't you let me steal a tender kiss?
Oh fair shepherdess, please let me steal a tender kiss.

She then in reply
answered him in this way:
You wish, says your song,
 to take something of mine.
No, Joseph. No, Joseph,
 tra la la (bis)
No, Joseph. No, Joseph,
tra la la (bis)
Would you dare steal a kiss? Could I be so remiss?
No no no no, Joseph. You won't steal it.
I will give it away!
No no no, Joseph. You will not steal it.
For I'll give it away to you!

It's humorous and heart-melting at the same time. It's just so sweet. I love, love, love it.

gah. I can't wait

No comments:

Post a Comment